dinsdag 17 juli 2012

Bahia Drake

Hello there!

Finally my blog about Bahia Drake. We've already been to San Gerardo de Dota and Tortuguero in the meantime. Hopefully I can still blog about it while I'm here.

So to reach Bahia Drake we took a boat transfer from Sierpe. And yes in Sierpe they know Belgium!

It was a 1 hour boat trip until we were dropped on the shore in front of our lodge.

Dropped together with the lettuce we were going to eat that evening.

A room with a view they say. In the river you could find a caiman. If you prefer something more bigger like a crocodile I advise you to go to the beach. (I saw a crocodile passing by 2 meters from the shore) I must say it was nice swimming there. Not crowded like in Manuel Antonio (I wonder why :) )

Next day we did a snorkling tour to Isla del CaƱo. The snorkling guide told us that this was the second best Costa Rican place to see seelife. The best place is an island near Columbia Coco island if I remember well (which is extremely expensive).
If we were lucky we could see some dolphins and maybe a whale… Never thought there suddenly would appear 2 big whales with their baby just 3 meters in front of our boat! Amazing!
I had just put my camera away so the pics I have are from a distance. Arrgghhhh!!!



There were also 3 divers in our boat who immediately jumped into the water. One of them gave me this video. Having this healed my dissappointment of not having a good picture.

Having lunch on the island. What’s wrong Joke?


We saw many colored fish. We even saw turtles! We went to the open see with the divers to see more but then it went completely wrong for Joke… The see too rough, the boat ride too bumpy… Luckily she could rest in the arms of our friendly guide J
And that’s how Joke’s first snorkling experience ended.

That evening I stayed in the restaurant internetting when Joke ran by in panic.
I had to come to our lodge immediately!
There was a lizard above her bed. Que problema!!!

Next day: San Pedrillo (Corcovado) national park with its waterfall
We didn’t see much that day. I think all the animals hid when they felt the guide’s enthusiasm that day…

A bird, can’t remember which one:

Though this wasn’t the most interesting tour I am glad I shot this one of the a mother spider monkey with her baby.
The guide told that a man from National Geographic spent 6 months in Corcovado just to shoot a couple of pics of the monkeys.

This was a nice bird, I think it’s a sort of heron but I’m not sure.

An escargot anyone?

And the waterfalls ofcourse. The highest waterfall:

And the smaller one, a little lower:

Who’d think that only 2 hours after this peaceful sunset a tropical storm would hit Drake bay.

For 6 hours rain poured down and the hugest lightning show kept us all awake during the night. The lodge’s owner had never seen a storm like that in 10 years time… and again I was lucky enough to witness it.

Good night y’all,

Marijke

 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten